If you want to make sure that you are getting the most out of your marijuana, then water hash is for you. Water hash is made by processing cannabis with ice and water, which removes all the chlorophyll from it. This gives a better flavor than regular weed does, as well as higher potency. In this blog post, we will talk about how to make water hash in an easy way while ensuring quality!
You can find out about Digital Weed Scale here!
1. How to make it
-First, you will need some water. You can use bottled or tap water for this process, but preferably not chlorinated water because that may damage the cannabis too much and change its flavor profile. If using distilled water (or reverse osmosis), it must be boiled first to remove any chlorine residuals before being used in the extraction procedure below.
-You will also need a stainless steel pot with an open bottom so that ice cubes can be easily put inside without spilling out of the vessel; either metal tongs; a coffee filter/paper towel set up; small plastic bags which are sealed off at one end by twisting them tightly shut then crimping the ends over each other until they form a makeshift filter; and a bowl large enough to hold however much water you plan on using.
-Place the pot onto your stovetop, add cold tap water until it just reaches the level of the metal tongs or coffee filter when placed inside with ice cubes in them. While bringing the water up to a rolling boil (212°F), drop cannabis leaves into boiling water for five minutes then remove from heat. In this step, oils containing cannabinoids will dissolve into the hot water but won’t be extracted by significant agitation because they are insoluble particles that only form emulsions under specific conditions such as high pressure or low temperature which is usually not present during cooking at 212 degrees Fahrenheit – so moving around at this stage risks damaging these fragile molecules and causing them to form undesirable compounds.
-Next, remove the leaves and filter out any residue using a coffee filter placed inside of the metal tongs or strainer (mesh size #100). Place this over a bowl with ice in it while slowly pouring water through so as not to disturb too much; you want all cannabinoids that remain in solution at this stage to be collected like tea into your container below. This process should take about 15 minutes or for when no more liquid can be absorbed into the coffee filter/strainers mesh:
-Finally, seal up your container with some type of lid that is airtight – preferably made from silicone–and allow the water hash extractor to rest until cool before transferring contents back into freezer storage.
2. Why you should make it
You should make water hash because it’s good for your lungs, it helps with stress relief, and the effects are quicker than most types of hash.
-Makes water hash because it can help you get rid of toxins in the body; -Waterhash is a healthier alternative to smoking oils or other concentrates (such as waxes) that contain high levels of carcinogens such as butane
-There are no solvents used when making water hash which means there are zero risks from inhaling toxic fumes like those found in Butane Hash Oil (BHO); even if they pour boiling water through their strainer/filter coffee filter set up–a large part of why this method has become so popular among cannabis users who want to make their own solventless hash at home.
- water hash also has a quicker and more intense high since it is made from pure cannabis.
3. Recipes for making different types of water hash (e.g., Purple Passion, Sour Diesel)
Types of water hash:
Sour Diesel water hash
Purple Passion water hash
Water Hash Recipe: Sour Diesel operation
Ingredients: the plant matter of your choice, a cup and a quarter of cold water or milk (I recommend dairy for maximum potency) some butter (optional), cooking oil like olive oil or canola, about two tablespoons of salt.
- Grind up cannabis to desired consistency – Add ground cannabis to the boiling pot with cold water/milk; simmer on low heat until all solids have sunken at the bottom–about 20 minutes depending on how much you’re making–you’ll notice that as it cooks there will be bubbles coming up from the mixture which is normal so don’t worry if they happen. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes. – With a ladle, skim off the water/milk from the top of the mixture and discard or use another cup to catch it as you then pour it through cheesecloth (makes sure any solids are left on the bottom) into a separate bowl.
- Pour cold water over cannabis in the original pot; set aside cooking oil(s). This is what will make your final product more potent so add according to preference but at least one tablespoon of butter if using dairy products. Bring liquid to boil stirring continuously with a spoon until all cannabis has sunken at the bottom–about 20 minutes depending on how much you’re making–you’ll notice that once again there may be bubbles coming up from the mixture which is just water boiling off.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes. – With a ladle, skim off the water/milk from the top of the mixture and discard or use another cup to catch it as you then pour it through cheesecloth (makes sure any solids are left on the bottom) into a separate bowl.
- Pour cold water over cannabis in an original pot; set aside cooking oil(s). This is what will make your final product more potent so add according to preference but at least one tablespoon of butter if using dairy products. Bring liquid to boil stirring continuously with a spoon until all cannabis has sunken at the bottom–about 20 minutes depending on how much you’re making–you’ll notice that once again there may be bubbles at the top as water evaporates. – Reduce heat to low and allow cannabis mixture to simmer, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes until the liquid has reduced by half or more
- Strain out plant matter with cheesecloth again using a colander; squeeze any remaining water from the cloth into the pot if desired–the result should be a nice thick green soup on your stovetop. Let cool uncovered in the fridge for at least two hours before pouring through a coffee filter (helps remove sediment)
- Dissolve one tablespoon of salt per cup of cold water and stir well. Pour over mixture several times while vigorously shaking jar/bowl back and forth so that it becomes saturated evenly throughout contents.
You can find out How to make Pie Weed here!