Salads are one of the healthiest meals we can consume. For medical marijuana users who are health conscious, a marijuana salad would be the perfect meal and is also a great alternative to smoking. Fresh marijuana leaves provide the best medicinal benefits but it should be noted that they will not get you high. The THCs in fresh marijuana is very good for fighting against diseases and to keep your brain active. Below you will find a simple and healthy recipe for making a tasty and fresh marijuana salad.
A “salad” is when you mix and smoke up two or more different strains of cannabis blended together in the same bowl.
The term appeared in Urban Dictionary in 2009, though every circle names it different. Weed lovers report salads being called:
- The blendo
- Mendo blendo
- Grower’s surprise
- House party
- Spring mix
- One fancy industry person calls it her “estate blend.”
Many ensaladas are born of desperation—two humble stoners combining the last shake from several bags into one full bowl, said Cannabis Pharmacy author Michael Backes.
Backes is also the world’s leading cannabis blend-maker through his California brand, Perfect.
“I’ve discovered salads where it’s a ‘stone soup’ thing; where everybody brings something and throws it in the pot, and goes, ‘Wow, this is really good. What the hell is this?’” he said.
“It can be crap, or it can be a masterpiece you’ll never reproduce.”Michael Backes, author, Cannabis Pharmacy
“It goes both ways. It can be crap, or it can be a masterpiece you’ll never reproduce.”
Backes made his first salad—some chocolatey, body-buzzing Thai Stick mixed with some piney, euphoric Kona Gold—back in ‘74 or ‘75, he said. “Mixing them was great because you got this symphony rather than a solo.”
For thousands of years, humans have cherished wine, whiskey, and coffee blends. Cannabis breeders certainly spend every day crossing the best of the new with the best of the old for an even better future.
And today, Backes precision-blends cannabis cultivars to target marijuana effects not found in nature.
So whether you’re bored, adventurous, or almost out of weed—a salad is the way.
Where does this incredible dish stem from?
Although many attribute its origin to Italy, the Caesar Salad actually hails from Mexico. A restaurateur by the name of Caesar Cardini is the imagination behind this incredible grub. It’s hard to believe that this dish from Tijuana, Mexico (1920) is hugely popular today.
There are a few debates about the proper creation of this salad.
As with many recipes that are past down through the ages, there are constant debates on how to create the perfect Caesar Salad. Perhaps you would like to weigh in in the comments below? Let us know what side of the arguments you settle on.
To chop or to tear?
Some prefer to chop their Romaine oh so delicately with a sharp knife. Others will tell you that tearing the lettuce by hand allows for little niches to snag the dressing ensuring flavour in every bite. Others pay no mind at all to how they ready their lettuce. Something tells me all will be forgotten once the THC oil kicks in. How do you prepare your Caesar salad lettuce?
Oil or creamy dressing?
It is likely that at some point you will experience an oil only Caesar Salad dressing. In fact, many people believe that this is the only way to serve Caesar salad. Others will tell you that this is not a Caesar Salad dressing at all. Their belief is that a Caesar Salad dressing is creamy, thick, with only a touch of oil. You will soon see that we enjoy a combination dressing. Our rendition is rich and creamy with a healthy dose of cannabis oil for balance.
How to Make a Weed Salad
Here’s What You’re Going to Need
To make a weed salad, you’re going to need to make infused salad dressing. This is not an ingredient that you will find at your local grocery store which means you’re going to need to make this at home. Luckily, we have a comprehensive guide to making cannabis salad dressing here.
You’re also going to need some equipment.
- Baking sheet
- Large bowl
Weed Salad Recipe
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:10 minutes Total Time:20 minutes
- 2 thick slice bread cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small head romain lettuce cored, outer leaves discarded, and heart cut into 1 & a 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 tbsp cannabis salad dressing
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp parmesan graded
- 1 cup grilled chicken optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, season bread cubes with salt, pepper, and the olive oil. Bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Let croutons completely cool.
- On a cutting board, combine garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Transfer to a large bowl and whisk in lemon juice. Gradually whisk in 6 tablespoons of cannabis salad dressing. Season with pepper. Just before serving, add croutons and lettuce. top with Parmesan.(add grilled chicken if you are using that)
Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 622mg | Potassium: 852mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 27339IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 176mg | Iron: 4mg
How to make Cannabis Caesar Salad
Follow the recipe below to infuse you caesar dressing with THC oil or CBD oil. Hit us up in the comments with any protein recommendations. Tag us in a picture of your delicious dish on social media.
Prep Time:10 minutes Total Time:10 minutes
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Cannabis Oil
- 6 Cloves Garlic minced
- 3/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 6 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Also 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 4 Cups Bread Cubed
- 1 Head Romaine Lettuce, Chopped
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Mince 3 cloves of garlic, and combine in a small bowl with mayonnaise, anchovies, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and lemon juice.
- Add cannabis oil to the dressing.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cut the remaining 3 cloves of garlic into quarters, and add to hot oil. Cook and stir until brown, and then remove garlic from pan. Add bread cubes to the hot oil. Cook, turning frequently, until lightly browned. Remove bread cubes from oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Toss with dressing, remaining Parmesan cheese, and seasoned bread cubes.
- Serve the Cannabis Caesar Salad
Calories: 200kcal | Fat: 20g