Fudge is a sweet treat that is loved by many. But, have you ever heard of cannabis fudge? Cannabis fudge tastes just as good as any other type of fudge and it has the added benefit of getting people high! When made correctly, cannabis fudges can be an excellent edible for those looking to get a little bit more out of their meal. In this blog post, we will discuss cannabis fudges ingredients and how to make cannabis fudges so that you can start enjoying them yourself!
Cannabis fudge is a baked good that is made with butter, condensed milk, and chocolate.
- Cannabis fudge ingredients include cannabis cannabutter or canna hydro cannabinol (which can be purchased legally in many parts of the world), unsalted butter, sugar/maple syrup, vanilla extract, dark cooking chocolate chips, and optional additions like nuts or dried fruit.
- There are two ways to make marijuana fudge: by using a double boiler method or baking it on the stovetop.
To make cannabis fudge using a double boiler are butter, cannabis cannabutter or canna hydro cannabinol, condensed milk, and dark cooking chocolate chips.
- Prepare the pan by lining it with parchment paper so that the fudge will not stick to it later on. Grease lightly with unsalted butter.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl over a boiling pot of water (don’t let boil), stirring until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy like frosting which takes about 20 minutes.
- Spread evenly into prepared baking dish(s) before chilling for an hour in the refrigerator – they should be firm enough to cut after this time has passed!
Cannabis fudge is best served chilled from a fridge as you may find it difficult to cut when it is still warm.
- Cut into small squares and enjoy!
Cannabis fudgies are best served chilled from a fridge as you may find it difficult to cut when they are still warm. This recipe makes about 25 pieces of cannabis fudge (depending on how thick or thin you slice them) and can be stored for up to three weeks in an airtight container in the refrigerator if not all eaten at once!
- Gather all ingredients
- Cut butter and margarine into cubes, then place in microwave to melt for about a minute on high power
- Add cannabis flower or hash/kief – use either one tablespoon of ground-up kief or two tablespoons of loose-leaf marijuana. If you are using dried weed that is not ground up already, break it apart with your fingers until they are small enough pieces to make them easily measurable by the tablespoon.
- Stir well because these ingredients will naturally separate from each other without constant stirring while cooking. Butter should be completely melted at this point and there shouldn’t be any visible chunks left after mixing together
Instructions: gather all the ingredients first such as cannabutter (or regular butter), sugar, and vanilla extract. They should all be pre-measured so that you can easily follow the recipe without any mistakes or the need for additional measuring cups.
- Mix cannabutter with sugar in a microwave-safe bowl
- Microwave butter on high power until it is completely melted – this will take about two to three minutes depending on how powerful your microwave is
- Add cannabutter mixture and stir well because these ingredients will naturally separate from each other without constant stirring while cooking. Butter should be completely melted at this point and there shouldn’t be any visible chunks left after mixing together
- Add vanilla extract
- Stir well for about two minutes until the mixture is completely combined and looks like a caramel fudge sauce. You can also add in your favorite cannabis strain or extracts at this point to change up the flavors
- Let your cannabutter topping cool on low power for ten minutes before adding it to brownies, cake, or any other dessert that doesn’t need high heat exposure – you want crispy edges! If you are looking to make frosting which needs higher heat contact then use a stand mixer instead of microwaving as with cannabutter topping
3. Tips and tricks for making the fudge
- Making a cannabutter is one of the most important steps in making cannabis fudge. There are many recipes out there to make it at home and using your own will also ensure that you know exactly what’s going into it
- If you have a sensitive stomach, useless cannabis extract or eliminate chocolate altogether from your recipe. You can also opt for more fats (like peanut butter) than sugars which might help if an upset stomach is what you’re looking to avoid
- Chocolate isn’t just restricted to fudge. You may want to try adding in some cocoa powder with the brown sugar so as to add a little extra flavor beyond chocolate’s natural bitterness – this tends not only makes for better-tasting fudge but mixes well with the cannabis fudge to make a more enjoyable fudgy experience
- Before you start cooking, it’s important that your butter is completely softened. If not, simply place it in a bowl or container and let sit at room temperature for thirty minutes before using.
4. How to store your marijuana fudge
- Store your cannabis fudge in the refrigerator.
The main ingredients of cannabis fudge are brown sugar (to act as a sweetener), butter, and cocoa powder. The goal is to make it so that you can still taste enough chocolate flavor but not too much bitterness from its natural presence.
To start, measure out one cup of both brown sugar and unsalted butter into a pot over medium heat until well combined with each other; then add two tablespoons cocoa powder. This mixture will thicken up significantly once all three have been mixed together for about five minutes or more – allow this by stirring slowly at first before increasing speed towards the end
If done correctly, while thickening the mixture should change color slightly to a dark brown color and be noticeably thicker.
Then, add one tablespoon of vanilla extract into the mixture until it is fully combined with each other; this will just add a hint of sweetness to any fudge taste as well. These ingredients have now been mixed together for about ten minutes or more, depending on how much time you’ve had to watch over them while they’re cooking – allow these by stirring slowly at first before increasing speed towards the end.