Nothing beats a lazy morning with the smell of buttery pancakes wafting through the air. Pump those pancakes up with a healthy dose of THC and you have the perfect wake and bake dish to start your day. If you like, use the cannabis-infused whipped topping recipe below to bump the elevation up a notch. There’s nothing like hot weed-infused pancakes for breakfast. Accompany it with a cup of pot chocolate and we’ve got ourselves a good morning!
Cannabis pancakes, a new twist on one of the world’s oldest recipes.
Cannabis pancakes are the latest take on a long standing and tradition forming recipe. In fact you can sift through the history of pancakes dating back to the stone age. Recently, researchers are finding them in the stomachs of Ice Men. Check out, Otzi. His remains are over 5000 years old! That’s a lot of history for such a humble food.
The pancake is found in almost every culture. How many other foods can you think of that have their own special day on the Calendar? Pancake Tuesday, also known as Shrove Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, and Mardi Gras Day is the day before the Christian observation of Lent – a 40-day period of fasting. Pancake Tuesday is a day to celebrate and enjoy in abundance your favorite food before the long fast begins.
There are several ways to enjoy this cannabis breakfast.
Morning comfort food…flap jacks, griddle cakes, hot cakes, slapjacks, you change the name, we’ll change the game. Our cannabis pancakes will make you want to set your alarm.
There are several ways you can make these cannabis cakes even more exciting. Blueberry compote, banana smash, chocolate drizzle, and raspberry sauce are just a couple ideas. You can throw in a cup of chocolate chips to this batter to make your pancakes a sweet weed treat.
If you’re wanting to make this dish more of a cannabis dessert than a breakfast food, we have some ideas. Add a scoop of cannabis vanilla ice cream with caramel drizzle and you’ll definitely enjoy more of a weed dessert. Consider staking these jacks with layers of whip cream and strawberries. Cover this cannabis pancake mountain in strawberry cream cheese icing, and you’re looking at a true cannabis pan-cake!
Infused Pancakes With Berries
Start to Finish: 15–20 minutes
Yields: 10 medium pancakes
Approximate Dosage: 10mg THC per pancake*
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 100mg worth of cannabis tincture(Herb Angels CBD Tinctures)
- Sliced fruit and whipped cream, for topping
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt. Add egg and milk.
- Mix the cannabis tincture with the melted butter and incorporate thoroughly into mixture.
- Set stove to medium. Coat a large frying pan with butter.
- Use a quarter-cup of batter for each pancake, cooking until batter is bubbling. Then flip the pancake and let cook for another 30–60 seconds or until golden.
- Repeat process until batter is gone.
- Top with butter, syrup, sliced fruit, and/or whipped topping. Enjoy!
Cannabis-Infused Whipped Topping (Optional)
- Whip one cup of 35% whipping cream for about four minutes, until soft peaks form.
- Add 5mg worth of cannabis tincture, one teaspoon vanilla, and two tablespoons icing sugar.*
- Mix well. Serve immediately over everything and anything.
*Note: The amount of cannabis tincture specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your tincture and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky , so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.
How to determine the THC content and potency of marijuana pancakes
The best way to determine the THC content of your weed pancakes is to pay attention when you make your cannabutter.
If you know the strength of your cannabutter is 700 mg THC per stick (which would be common if you made 1 stick of marijuana butter using 1 gram of shatter), then each tablespoons of your cannabutter would have 87.5 mg THC. Using two tablespoons of this strength cannabutter in the weed pancake recipe above would mean that the total THC content of the recipe would be 175 mg. Dividing the resulting pancakes equally among four users would mean there would be about 44 mg THC per serving. Divided among 3 users, it would be 58 mg per serving.
How to store marijuana pancakes
Since you are cooking these weed pancake from scratch you’ll want to save any extras by storing them in the fridge for up to a few days or in the freezer for longer-term storage. Vacuum-sealed bags work best but freezer bags will suffice. Clearly label them as being for adults only and indicate the THC content for future reference. Be very cautious if you have kids, especially if your kids are used to eating frozen pancakes.
How to Make Vegan Cannabis Pancakes
- 3 – 6 grams marijuana
- 3 1/2 tablespoons dairy-free butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup of rice milk
- 3/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 240°F and grind your weed into a small oven-safe bowl. Add the tablespoons of butter to the bowl, cover it with foil and store it in the oven to decarboxylate for 30 minutes then remove and strain the cannabutter using cheesecloth to discard the plant matter.
- Put the applesauce in a bowl along with the cannabutter and milk and whisk until combined.
- In a seperate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, salt, sugar, and baking powder then add the liquid mixture from the previous step to this dry mixture. Make like Michael Jackson and beat it. Add vanilla and mix until creamy then set aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat a frying pan over medium heat and pour the pancake batter by spoonfuls onto the pan.
- Flip your flapjacks once the bubbles on the surface pop and stay open. Cook until it’s browned on either side.
- Once your pancakes are done, drizzle it with maple syrup or some cannabis-infused chocolate syrup. Stay lit!