French Toast, interestingly enough, did not actually originate in France. It predates the country of France; recipes for the dish can be found even in ancient Latin texts. These recipes date back to the fourth and fifth centuries. Many Europeans made different variants of this sweet breakfast food. The actual French version is referred to as pain perdu. It is similar to the French toast that we know and love.
Now, of course, French toast is delightful when you drizzle warm butter and syrup over a stack of the delicious “eggy bread”. It is possible to improve, though. You can make a delicious contemporary version of French toast with just a little TLC: tender love and cannabis.
“French Toasted” is not actually deep-fried. This recipe earned its name because of the one crucial ingredient that you must add, and that ingredient is marijuana. Whether you struggle from joint pain, anxiety, or even glaucoma, French Toasted can help you start your day healthily and happily.
Looking for a new way to enjoy your daily wake and bake? Infused edibles are a growing trend that is spreading like wildfire as many of the largest countries in the world decriminalize or legalize marijuana. They can be a wonderful way to get a dose of either THC or CBD, and this recipe can be made using either for the primary component. The key is to make sure that you use a cannabis plant that contains the necessary cannabinoid in a high amount. Many marijuana strains will hold an average of 20% THC, but the CBD content is often only mere traces and not worth mentioning. If you prefer a CBD infused treat than use a high CBD producing cannabis strain or a hemp plant as the base of extraction when making the infused liquids. This weed French toast recipe can be personalized any way that you like using THC or CBD depending on your preference. If you want an extra intoxicating breakfast than use as many infused ingredients as you can including cannaoil, cannabutter, or cannamilk in place of regular ones. This recipe is a light version that can be enjoyed by both novice and seasoned users alike.
Cannabis-Infused Butter Ingredients
- Cup of Cannabis Flower Grinded
- Cup of Butter Melted
In addition to that cannabis-infused butter that you just made, make sure to grab the following list of ingredients, in order to complete this recipe:
- Some Thick Texas Toast
- 1 ½ Tablespoon of Non-Medicated Butter
- Powdered Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- ½ Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup of Milk
- ¼ Cup of Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup
- Container for storage
- Cheesecloth for straining
- 13″ x 9″ baking dish
- Small bowl
Breakfast is, by far, the most important meal of the day. We’ve all heard that wildly popular saying before, and there’s a whole lot of truth behind it. This meal, without a doubt, has more power than any other, solely because it’ll help kick your day off. Essentially, it serves as a subtle, scrumptious look into how the rest of your day might be.If you choose to start your morning with a bland bowl of cereal, the remainder of your day may turnout to be just as boring. The same goes for quick, hassle-free breakfast options. If you opt for a Pop-Tart or fast-food meal, the chances of your day passing by before your very eyes increases tenfold. And, if you skip breakfast altogether, well, who knows what could happen.
But, conversely, if you take the time to prepare yourself a truly top-notch breakfast, you’re far more likely to have an equally enjoyable rest of the day. Which makes a lot of sense when you think about it. If you end breakfast with a full belly and a big smile, it’s going to take a lot of conflict and negativity to knock you off of that good mood pedestal. Which is why it’s beyond vital to treat yourself with some sincerely tasty breakfast options, as often as you can.And when you task yourself with trying to think of the most delicious morning meal choices, your mind becomes instantly overwhelmed by the number of options your taste buds have the potential to enjoy.There are pancakes, which are always a crowd-pleaser. There are cinnamon rolls, too. Those have never done me wrong. Hell, even some standard scrambled eggs can do the trick sometimes. It’s really all about personal preference when it comes to picking out a quality breakfast.
But, for me, nothing hits the spot more than a solid stack of French toast. It basically takes the best elements from some of breakfast’s biggest dishes and combines them into one insanely tasty, super-filling morning meal that is, in my opinion, straight-up amazing. It’s hearty, sweet, and ready to kick your day off on the right foot.If you’re anything like me, your days begin with a nice “wake and bake” smoke session. Subsequently, that’s when your hunger really revs things up a notch (or two), and a filling meal is exactly what your body is craving. But, what if I told you, you could attain that same level of delectable deliciousness while you get even higher?Because that’s exactly what this recipe for THC French Toast is designed to do.However, before we get too excited and sprint towards the culinary finish line, there are certain things that need to be taken care of, first and foremost. The most notable being the creation of the cannabis-infused butter we’ll be using for this recipe.
Cannabis-Infused Butter Instructions
- To kick things off, you’ll want to grind down some of your cannabis flower. I’d say about a cup or so should suffice. Then, with your saucepan on low (240°), toss in that freshly ground bud.
- Keep it on this super low setting for 25-30 minutes. This is a perfect amount of time for the decarboxylation to take place.
- For those unaware, decarboxylation is when the THC component transforms into the psychoactive THC element that we all know and love.
- Once it’s reached that level of activation, the THC aspects of the bud are ready to distribute their “powers” into anything that it’s combined with. Which is ideal, because we’ll be adding in a cup’s worth of melted butter once that 30-minute window is complete.
- Stir in the melted butter amongst its cannabis counterparts. Make sure you evenly distribute the potency of those decarbed flowers. You’ll want every bite of cannabis-infused butter to pack a little punch, so don’t be stingy with the stirring.
- Then, when that’s all said and done, pour the saucepan’s contents into a container for storage, through the straining layer of cheesecloth. The cheesecloth serves as a perfect barrier to stop any chunky cannabis parts from finding their way into the finished product.
- When you’ve successfully completed that wildly easy step, take that container of newly-activated butter, and place it in the fridge to harden slightly. It doesn’t need to come out looking like a brick or anything crazy like that. Just keep it in there until it’s reached a level of sturdiness that’s to your liking.
- And that’s it. You’ve now got a fresh batch of cannabis-infused butter that you can use on, well, anything you want. But I strongly suggest utilizing it in this amazing recipe for THC French Toast.
THC French Toast Instructions
- To get things started, you’ll want to grease a decent sized baking dish with your non-medicated butter. In my experience, I find dishes that are 13″ x 9″ work best.
- Then, with your Texas Toast slices nearby, you’ll want to combine and blend both of your butters together in a small bowl. Whisk and stir these suckers together until they are expertly one all-encompassing concoction.
- After that, grab a knife and spread that butter mixture on your Texas Toast, being sure to go “crust to crust” on each side.
- This is where your potency will come into play, so feel free to add as little (or as much) as your heart desires. When you’ve finished that, take each piece of toast and strategically place it in that baking dish of yours.
- Now, in a separate bowl, you’ll want to whisk together some salt, syrup, eggs, vanilla, milk, and sugar. Then, when all of those have been blended together, gently pour it over the bread that was lying in wait in the baking dish.
- And really drench those bad boys, too. If you’d like,you can even give each slice of toast a little “pressing” with your hand, to ensure that the bottom of the bread is equally covered in that yummy goodness.
- After that, cover up that dish and place it in the fridge for a solid 8 hours. Yup. I know that’s long, but if you prepare this breakfast the night before, everything will be nice and saturated for you in the morning.
- Which, to be honest, is probably the best way to go with this particular infused breakfast option.
- As you prepare to cook everything, make sure to have your oven fully preheated to 350°.
- When your beloved oven has hit that heat, throw in your baking dish (uncovered), and allow the whole batch to cook for 45 minutes or so. You’ll know everything is “ready to go” when you start to see each piece sport a healthy, crispy brown color.
- At that point, pull those bad boys out of the oven, and toss them on a plate. Don’t forget to cover each with a decent amount of powdered sugar and syrup. That, in my opinion, is the best part.
- Well, not including the cannabis, of course.