Pie weed is a delicious dessert that is great with many different toppings. It can be made in the oven, or it can even be made on the stovetop! If you need to know how to make pie weed for a potluck, this blog post will teach you everything you need to know.
1. What are pie weed cookies?
Pie weed cookies are a variation of pie weed where the filling is made from chocolate and cream cheese. Pie weed can be tricky to make, so this recipe is great for beginners that need some reassurance.
2. How to make pie weed cookies
- One package of refrigerated pie crusts
- Two tablespoons flour, you can substitute cornstarch if that’s what you have on hand but it won’t taste the same.
- Four cups sugar (feel free to adjust this quantity based on personal preference)
- A teaspoon vanilla extract or a half packet of vanilla pudding mix powder. This is optional and should be omitted for an “original” recipe. You could also add cinnamon or pumpkin spice as well unless your cookies are going to go with something specific in which case there’s no need not to include those spices too! – Half cup margarine or butter. This next part needs some clarification because people have a different opinion on what “almost melted” means. For me, this equates to either microwave or melt in the stovetop and then let it cool down just slightly so that you don’t end up with too many lumps when you add your sugar. It’s not very precise but I’ve found it works for pie crusts specifically as they’re more forgiving than cookies are;
- One egg
- A tablespoon of vanilla extract OR one package (approximately 20 – 30) pre-made chocolate cake mix powder
Instructions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare baking sheets by spreading parchment paper over them and spraying with cooking spray if desired. Roll out pie dough into about 12 inch circles approximately ¼ inch thick. Use a biscuit cutter to cut out as many circles of dough as possible, then place them in the baking sheets about an inch apart from one another and bend up any overhanging edges. Fill pie crusts with chocolate cake mix (or brownie mix). Place pies on an oven tray and bake for 12 minutes;
- After taking it out of the oven, you’ll need to let your pie weed cool down before cutting it into pieces! Letting it sit for at least 30 minutes is recommended so that they’re not too hot when consuming.;
- Keep cooled pie weed refrigerated until ready to serve or eat.
Use brownie mix instead of cake mix. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Pecan Pie Weed
Fill pie weed with a mixture of pecan and butter or margarine to make the filling sweeter, gooier, and irresistible. Fill pies with either mixture of cake mix or brownies; Bake for 12 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit; Let it cool down before you cut into pieces! Place cooled pie weed refrigerated until ready to serve.; – Notes, tips, tricks When cutting out the circles of your crusts make sure they are all the same size so that everything cooks evenly without any mistakes. Make sure each piece is filled with enough filling because there will be no way to go back and add more. When assembling pie weed you want to make sure that the crusts are touching each other so there is no air in between;
Pie Weed Recipe
-Crust: Mix together cake mix with eggs, melted butter or margarine, both vanilla extract, and almond extract, salt, sugar. Pour mixture into a greased pie pan; -Filling: Blend cream cheese with sugar until it becomes smooth then drizzle in milk for desired thickness.; Add pumpkin puree or sweet baby rays barbecue sauce (optional); Stir until combined; Spread over your crust evenly then sprinkle on condensed milk (optional). Top off with pecans.; Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes. Let cool before eating.
Recipe ingredients you need:
- Pie crust recipe
- apple sauce (can use unsweetened applesauce) – sugar
- butter or margarine for the pan to prevent sticking, and vanilla extract. For a pecan topping, you will need sliced fresh nuts; A can of storebought crescent rolls is also a good substitution if you don’t want to make your own dough. Spread them out over the bottom of your pie dish & top with cinnamon maple syrup/apple pie mix that has been prepared per instructions.; Bake at 350 F degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes until fruit bubbles on top and filling becomes set in place.; Let cool before eating.
Serve warm as dessert after Thanksgiving dinner!
Next Pie weed recipe:
Ingredients you need:
- pie weed; (it can be found in the garden section of your local grocery store) – sugar and butter to taste. To make a butterscotch sauce, add brown or white sugar (according to preference). Add this mixture to some boiling water with butter\margarine for desired consistency. Let it simmer until thickened then serve warm over ice cream!
Instructions on how to proceed.
- You will want about three cups of cooked pie weed leaves per batch. Rinse them thoroughly before cooking.* Bring water almost up to a boil. Place the pot back on the stove top and turn the heat down so that you have just enough liquid left at the bottom of your pan that is still bubbling. When the water is at a low simmer, throw in your pie weed.
Let it cook for about thirty minutes and then strain out leaves before adding sugar/butter mixture to taste. Let the sauce reduce until thickened. Serve warm over ice cream or cake!
If you want to make butterscotch pie weed sauce: add brown or white sugar (according to preference) into boiling water with butter or margarine; let this simmer until thickened then serve warm over ice cream!
4. Why you should make these cookies!
-They are delicious;
-It is much cheaper to make them yourself than buy them at the store. Plus you know all of the ingredients inside and they will be fresh.