Cannabutter buckeyes are a delicious treat that is perfect for the holiday season. This post will go over how to make cannabutter buckeyes and provide a recipe, along with mentioning some of the health benefits of cannabutter.
1. What are cannabutter buckeyes?
- Cannabutter buckeyes are a delicious treat that is perfect for the holiday season. This recipe will go over how to make cannabutter buckeyes, along with mentioning some of the health benefits of cannabutter.
Cannabis has been used medicinally for many years and its use continues to grow in popularity today as more states legalize recreational cannabis usage. The term “medical marijuana” typically refers to using weed—the leaves and buds from Cannabis indica plants or C sativa plants—to help manage chronic pain and alleviate symptoms like nausea from chemotherapy, seizures, muscle spasms associated with multiple sclerosis, insomnia etcetera. More recently it’s also being studied by researchers about whether cannabis can be an effective treatment for anxiety, bipolar disorder, and depression.
Cannabutter is a type of cannabis-infused butter that’s used to make cannabutter buckeyes or other recipes that call for the use of fat like brownies, cookies, or biscuits. In this recipe we’ll go over how to make cannabutter buckeyes using some basic ingredients:
- Cannabis (ground) – any strain will work but sativa strains are recommended due to their higher THC content and general effects profile
- Butter – about ½ cup per one ounce of weed smoked/vaped up into it (approximately two sticks)
- Sugar – ¼ teaspoon per every stick of butter eaten by whatever amount you’re making at once; can also substitute with stevia if desired
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Eggs, room temperature or warmed to about 100 degrees F. Using eggs straight from the fridge will be much harder for them to incorporate into the cannabutter and may require longer cooking time.
- Milk, any kind should work but it’s best not to use skimmed milk since there is so little fat in that type of milk which does impact how well the liquid coats your mouth when eating a cannabutter buckeye
Directions: cannabis can be an effective treatment for anxiety, depression, and insomnia. In a small saucepan in which the cannabutter will double or triple its volume when melted, add your butter (or oil) along with cannabis to it on low heat for about an hour until fully liquefied
Mix together all ingredients including eggs
Add a little bit of milk at a time while mixing vigorously to avoid clumps
Once the consistency is like frosting slowly pour into pre-made cupcake liners Pipe mixture into each liner then freeze overnight before eating
Thaw slightly before enjoying!
2. How to make cannabutter buckeyes
- Ingredients: cannabutter, cannabis, eggs, milk (a little bit at a time), cupcake liners, and butter or cooking oil
- Instructions: Melt the cannabutter in a saucepan on low heat for an hour. Mix together all ingredients including eggs then slowly pour into pre-made cupcake liners Pipe mixture into each liner then freeze overnight before eating. Thaw slightly before enjoying!
Everyone loves this recipe because they’re not only delicious but made from marijuana so you can enjoy them while being medicated 🙂
Optional: add chocolate chips if desired. Chocolate chip buckeyes are tasty too! The addition is not necessary though but they can be a fun touch if you want it to look like a traditional Buckeye when finished. It will also help with setting time because adding chocolate means more fat which helps bind them together and keep them from melting as quickly since there’s less moisture in them. More fat = longer shelf life without freezing.
3. Why should I make cannabutter buckeyes?
- They’re made from marijuana, so you can enjoy them while being medicated.
- Buckeyes are a tasty dessert that’s perfect for the holidays or any time of year! And this cannabutter buckeye recipe will help keep your sweet tooth satisfied without making you high since it doesn’t use weed butter as an ingredient.
- You’ll be able to make these cannabutter buckeyes ahead of time and store them in the fridge waiting for when they’re needed later on – no-fuss required! So if people prefer not to eat sweets during dinner, then just remove some and let others indulge their sweet tooth guilt free 🙂
4. Benefits of making your own cannabutter for cooking
- You control the ingredients and dosage of each batch – it’s so easy to make your own cannabutter
- Makes cooking with cannabis a lot more convenient for those who don’t want to smoke or vape
- When you cook with weed, even if you don’t use many leaves in any given recipe, there are still benefits. Cannabis cooks have found that as little as one ounce of chopped marijuana can flavor an entire dish! The taste is subtle but noticeable and adds depth to food
5. Recipe for Cannabutter Buckeye Balls
Ingredients for cannabutter buckeye balls:
- Butter, unsalted or salted (I prefer unsalted) – about 16 tablespoons’ worth of butter (about a cup and a half)
- Marijuana leaves in either ground form or finely chopped. I use one ounce but if you’re using it as a cooking ingredient then two ounces is your best bet!
Instructions for making cannabutter buckeye balls:
- Melt the first stick of butter on low heat in a large saucepan until it’s fully melted and simmering. Add the marijuana leaves and cook gently for at least an hour stirring occasionally so that all of the marijuana leaves are cooking evenly.
- Once an hour is up, strain out all of the butter from the saucepan using a strainer or cheesecloth and transfer it to a large bowl.
- Add one cup of unsalted butter into your melted cannabutter in batches stirring occasionally as you go until there are two cups left (about 24 tablespoons). Stir in cocoa powder by spoonfuls while you’re at this step because that will add more depth and complexity to the taste!
- Fill mini muffin tins with about 30 mini buckeye balls each making sure that they don’t stick together too much since we want them soft enough for dipping later on – if they do start sticking then make smaller portions so they don’t end up being too hard.
- Now, cover your cannabutter buckeyes and store them in the fridge to set for at least two hours before you’re ready to dip!