This blog post will teach you how to make weed honey!
What is cannabis honey?
Cannabis honey is a popular variation of cannabis cooking. It usually includes brown sugar, water, and cannabis for flavoring. The recipe can be altered depending on how potent you want the mixture to be.
A person may consume it by placing some in their tea or coffee. They could also use it as an ingredient in various recipes such as baked goods, sauces, desserts, drinks, etcetera.
Why use cannabis honey?
Cannabis honey is a healthier alternative to sugar or other sweeteners. It also provides relief from various symptoms such as cramps, migraines, and headaches. There are many reasons why cannabis honey is beneficial!
It may be used for medicinal purposes in order to treat insomnia, depression, and chronic pain among others. Cannabis honey can also help with weight loss by suppressing the appetite due to its high fiber content and low calorie count.
How to make cannabis honey?
Dosage: Cannabis Honey can be taken more liberally than any type of pill; however, since this recipe makes such a large batch we recommend taking ½ teaspoon at first then increase dosage if desired after digestion has happened).
Tincture Dosage: Follow the instructions on your tincture bottle (usually between ¼ – ½ dropper per dose) depending on your tolerance.
The ingredients of cannabis honey are:
- Cannabis extract from weed: any kind, not only the type with high THC content. It is recommended to use at least two ounces for every pound of honey that you plan on using. For example, if your pot or weed has 20% THC it would be wise to include four ounches into the mixture (20% x 60%).
- Raw Manuka Honey: This will provide a more potent cannabis experience and also help heal ulcers faster due to its ability to kill bacteria while boosting immunity. You’ll need about one ounce per lb of raw unpasteurized manuka honey in order to get this desirable effect!
- First, you’ll want to make sure that your cannabis extract is decarboxylated and heated until it reaches a temperature of 203°F (95°C) for at least 30 minutes. If not done correctly this could result in unpleasant effects like sleepiness, lack of appetite due to the high fiber content.
- Grind up weed into small pieces or put ground up weed directly on the surface of raw honey and let sit for about an hour so THC can dissolve well enough. This will give the mixture desired effect from both substances such as increased potency.
- Place mixture in a jar with an airtight lid and keep sealed tightly (preferably stored in a dark place). Let stand overnight until the honey becomes viscous.
- Add honey solution to a pot that can fit an equal amount of water and bring it up to 220°F (104°C) on the stovetop. Once the mixture is boiling, turn off the heat and let sit for about 30 minutes before removing from heat completely.
- Place jar in sink and pour the hot liquid over cannabis extract until you see bubbles forming at top of the container. Swirl contents around with a spoon or spatula a few times so everything gets dissolved into the mix. Let cool for one hour then place back in the fridge overnight without the lid if desired.
- Grind weed finely into small pieces or put ground up weed directly onto the surface of raw honey and let sit for about an hours so it can dissolve.
- Combine cannabis honey concoction and place in a mason jar or other glass container with an airtight lid. Keep refrigerated to make sure the weed stays fresh longer.
- Add up to ¼ cup of water and shake vigorously before use (takes out any remaining bubbles). Enjoy!
Recipes with cannabis honey
-Cannabis Honey and Ginger Tea: Combine cannabis honey with a cup of boiling water, fresh ginger slices (just enough to cover the surface), whole cloves, cinnamon sticks. Allow mixture to steep for 15 minutes or more before removing from heat and stirring in raw organic honey until dissolved. Drink up! This is great as an immunity tonic that also fights inflammation caused by colds/flu viruses).
-Cannabis Honey Dessert Sauce Recipe: Combine two cups of cream cheese, one tablespoon butter, ¼ teaspoon salt into a saucepan over medium-high heat. When cream cheese melts manage it so everything mixes together smoothly then add ½ – ¼ cup cannabis honey depending on how sweet you want your dessert sauce). Stir constantly until it comes to a very light boil.
-Cannabis Honey Tea: Combine organic cannabis honey with boiling water and drink up! This is great for fighting inflammation caused by colds/flu viruses).
The benefits of cannabis honey
Eating honey as a child can help fight the cold because it is rich in probiotics.
The benefits of eating honey will vary depending on what kind you eat, and how often you do so.
Side effects of cannabis honey
Side effects of eating honey are very rare. Some people may feel a little queasy when they eat it because the fructose found in honey can cause nausea or an upset stomach.
But for most, this will not be a problem.
Fructose also causes gas in some adults and children who may have FODMAP syndrome (a digestive disorder). It is important to consult your doctor before ingesting cannabis honey if you suffer from these symptoms since there is no way to know how cannabis interacts with your system until testing has been done.
The only other side effect of consuming marijuana-infused honey comes down to how sensitive your body might react once metabolized into THC through digestion. If you’re particularly susceptible, then too much weed could lead to an uncomfortable high.
If you need a special recipe for cannabis honey, it’s pretty easy. All you have to do is mix the weed with sugar or syrup and heat it until it becomes sufficiently thickened.
The end result should be something that looks like regular honey in both color and texture – but just tastes way better! You can also add weed honey to your favorite smoothie recipe for an extra dose of cannabinoids and nutrients!