The first step to making a weed milkshake is to acquire cannabis-infused milk. It’s not something most of us have on hand or can find in the store, so we’ll walk you through the process of infusing milk with cannabis.
However, if you don’t want to make cannabis-infused milk, there is still an option for how to make a weed milkshake. Read on to see the two methods and decide what will work best for you.
If you make cannabis milk, you will have a versatile base for many great edibles. You can use cannabis milk for countless recipes that use milk, from pancakes and breakfast cereal to cookies and tasty shakes. Here in this article we show you how you can easily make cannabis milk along with a recipe for awesome cannabis milkshakes. They will be just the right thing for summer!
What makes milk in particular suited for edibles is how the fat in milk binds well with THC. Because of this, we use whole milk in our cannabis milk recipe. If you need to watch your calories or want to make vegan cannabis milk, you should not use skim milk as an alternative. The best here is if you use almond milk, which you can get at any well-sorted grocer.
Why create this creamy weed beverage?
Weed infused milkshakes are straight up delicious. There’s no need to dance around it. Ice cream, cream, vanilla, and milk. It’s very simple, but this blend is truly incredible.
Our recipe calls for strawberry ice cream. If you’re a chocolate lover, don’t let this deter you. You can add in chocolate, or swap out our recommendation with chocolate. For that matter, swap with mint, maple walnut, rocky road, cookies and cream, whatever you like!
Our intention is to teach you how to infuse your milkshake with cannabis. You can definitely modify the choice flavor.
This is how we dose your cannabis milkshake
We are using a cannabis tincture to dose these milkshakes with marijuana. Feel free to choose between a THC tincture or a CBD tincture to create your weed infused shake.
Weed tinctures are a fantastic way to make cannabis beverages. This is because the dropper makes it simple to accurately dose your recipe. Accurately dosing your recipe is super crucial to any cannabis edible. This ensures that you will have an enjoyable time while achieving your cannabis goals.
We recommend that you speak with your cannabis budtender to find a weed strain that works best for cannabis edibles. Pick a THC strain if you’re hoping to dose with THC. Let your dispensary rep know that you’re creating a weed tincture. This way they can appropriately advise you on the right cannabis flower.
Follow this recipe to create a cannabis tincture. Be sure to choose the right type of cannabis bud for your weed extraction. Use a CBD bud if you’re looking to create a CBD tincture.
RECIPE FOR NORMAL CANNABIS MILK
- 3-5g of cannabis
- Fine strainer
- 250ml of whole milk (non-vegan) or almond milk (vegan)
- With your grinder, grind up your weed as fine as you can. It will depend on the strength of your weed, but anywhere from 3-5g will be good. The finer you grind up your weed, the more cannabinoids can be extracted from it.
- Pour the milk in a saucepan at medium heat. Heat the milk until it starts to simmer slightly.
- Turn the heat down and slowly pour in your finely ground marijuana. Stir while you do this.
- Have the milk with your cannabis simmer on low heat for about 60 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- After 60 minutes, take the saucepan from your stove and allow the mix to cool. Strain the milk with a fine strainer to filter out the weed.
- You can now pour the cannabis milk into a container and store it in your fridge.
RECIPE FOR CANNABIS MILKSHAKE
You already made cannabis milk, so making tasty cannabis milkshakes will be very simple.
- Crush a handful of ice cubes into your blender. The ice cubes will make your shake icy and frosty. If you want a very smooth and silky shake you can skip the ice cubes.
- Add several scoops of ice cream into your blender. We recommend that you use high quality ice cream: Vanilla always works well. If you want to experiment a bit you can use frozen yoghurt or sorbet instead.
- Now, pour and mix-in some amount of cannabis milk. Run the blender for a second or two. You can add more milk if you find that the shake is too thick or add more ice cream if you think it is too thin.
- Now comes the good part: Add in anything to taste to the mix in your blender. This could be anything from frozen fruit like strawberries or banana to chocolate syrup, peanut butter, candy bars, crackers and cookies or Nutella…
- Blend the mix for several seconds.
- To serve, pour the cannabis milkshake in large drinking glasses that you chilled in the fridge. You can top the milkshakes with some whipped cream or cracker crumbs. Serve with large straws.
There you have it! You are now ready to sit back, relax and enjoy a tasty treat! As with any marijuana recipe, you can add in any amount of marijuana, making it stronger or weaker to suit your needs. The ingredients of the recipe can be easily multiplied to increase the servings when you have friends around. As with most edibles, it will take roughly 45 minutes for the marijuana to take effect.
You should always drink a cannabis shake ice-cold and in company if you can. Always tell your friends what’s in the drink before they drink it, and make sure that you’re in good company so that the high is good.
Try and be somewhere with good vibes and make sure you have a full stomach. Drink it moderately and make sure you don’t have anything important to do after. Depending on your tolerance, metabolism and the quality of the weed, the effect may vary.
Remember, you’re making an incredibly psychoactive milkshake, so make sure to store it somewhere in your fridge that children can’t get to it – this is incredibly important, as soon as a kid sees that you have a milkshake, they’ll want one too.