Most of us are familiar with a Bloody Mary– the popular cocktail that is a combination of vodka, tomato juice and a number of spices and flavorings. Because it contains so many items, it’s often referred to as the “world’s most complex cocktail.”
The cannabis-infused alcoholic beverage that we’re about to make is a “twist of this classic cocktail” and is believed to be the perfect cure for hangovers. Worth trying out? Here goes– it’s easy to make if you have all the ingredients and takes just five minutes.
Recipe number 1
Holiday and Seasonal
60 minutesMake homemade mix for a perfect infused Bloody Mary. Add the fresh ingredients to the machine, set the temp and you’re on your way.
- ¼ cup Magical Tincture
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce or more if needed (Tabasco is what we use)
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2-4 garlic cloves minced
- ½ Meyer lemon juice and zest
- Place all the ingredients inside your MagicalButter machine and secure the lid.
- Press the Blend/Clean button. You may need to run this cycle 2 or 3 times until smooth.
- Pour your Bloody Mary into glasses and add your favorite vodka! Break out the garnishes and enjoy!
Recipe number 2
- 1/2 fl oz/15 ml vodka/ cannabis tincture
- Three dashes Worcestershire sauce (if you’re vegan, make the substitute accordingly)
- 5fl oz/150ml tomato juice
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Lemon twist, salt and pepper and celery stalk are all optional.
- Other things that you need
- A shaker– any closed container will suffice
- A tall glass
As this is a cannabis-infused drink, you first need to know how to make the cannabis alcohol tincture. The THC (the main psychoactive chemical in cannabis) cannot be accessed by the body in the form it is, that’s why it needs to be extracted into alcohol.
To make cannabis tincture, you need to use at least 50 percent alcohol
- ¾ oz/22g finely ground cannabis
- 3fl oz/90ml alcohol (vodka in this case)
The Marijuana bud needs to be de-carbed first by heating it in the oven at 150 degrees F for about an hour. You know that it’s ready if the bud crumbles between your fingers when rolled. Powder the cannabis and soak in water for about 12 hours so that all water-soluble impurities can be removed. Remove the excess water and place the powder in an airtight container after pouring alcohol over it.
Store in a cool, dark place for about for 10 days or even more. The longer it stays the better it tastes. Don’t forget to shake the container as often as you can remember. This is sure to test your patience, but the end product is worth the wait. Filter through cheesecloth to remove lumps and solid particles and repeat this till a fine, clear liquid is obtained. Your cannabis tincture is now ready.
Transfer the tincture with the sauces and juices to the shaker, give it a final vigorous shake-upand you’re all set to go. Strain into a tall glass and garnish with spices and lemon and celery (in case you choose to use these). Your Buddy Mary is ready to enjoy. The next time you suffer from a hangover, you needn’t worry—your cannabis tinctured cocktail is sure to help you recover in no time. Do keep the tincture on hand all the time—you just don’t know when you will need it.
Recipe number 3
• 5 medium sized tomatoes – quartered
• 3 garlic cloves
• 1 jalapeño – split in half
• 1 small shallot – split in half
• 1/2 lime – juiced
• 1 handful cilantro
• 1 tsp Tabasco
• 1 Tbsp Worcestershire
• 1 Tbsp horseradish
• 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
• 2 Tbsp sous vide cannabis-infused vodka
• 4oz vodka
• Salt to taste
1. On a wire rack over a sheet pan, lay out your tomatoes, garlic, jalapeño, and shallot. Using your culinary blow torch, give the veggies a nice char. If you don’t have a blow torch, you can place the veggies in the oven and broil on high for a few minutes to get some color.
2. Put all the charred veggies, cilantro, horseradish, lime juice, Tabasco, Worcestershire, cracked pepper, and sous vide cannabis-infused vodka in a blender and puree until smooth.
3. Salt the Bloody Mary Jane mix to taste.
4. Fill four highball glasses with ice. Add 1oz of vodka to each glass and fill the rest with the Bloody Mary Jane mix. Give it a little stir and garnish with your favorite munchies!
Recipe number 4
The Bloody Mary Jane’s drink is a radical variation of the classic Bloody Mary drink. A red colored drink made from Mary Jane’s Primo hemp vodka, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, black pepper and tomato juice, and served over ice in a highball glass.
- 1-1/2 oz Hemp Vodka (Mary Jane)
- 2 dashes Tabasco Sauce
- 2 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 pinch Celery Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- Tomato Juice – to fill
- Garnish: Celery
- Glass: Highball Glass
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- Add Mary Jane’s Primo hemp vodka, Tabasco sauce and Worcestershire sauce, and fill with tomato juice.
- Stir gently, then top with a pinch of celery salt and black pepper, and garnish with a celery stalk.
Recipe number 5
- 5 medium sized tomatoes – quartered
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeño – split in half
- 1 small shallot – split in half
- 1/2 lime – juiced
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1 tsp Tabasco
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 Tbsp horseradish
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- 2 Tbsp cannabis-infused vodka
- 4 ox vodka
- Salt to taste
- On a wire rack over a sheet pan, lay out your tomatoes, garlic, jalapeño, and shallot. Using your culinary blow torch, give the veggies a nice char. If you don’t have a blow torch, you can place the veggies in the oven and broil on high for a few minutes to get some color.
- Put all the charred veggies, cilantro, horseradish, lime juice, Tabasco, Worcestershire, cracked pepper, and cannabis-infused vodka in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Salt the Bloody Mary Jane mix to taste.
- Fill four highball glasses with ice. Add 1oz of vodka to each glass and fill the rest with the Bloody Mary Jane mix. Give it a little stir and garnish with your favorite munchies!